How often should your microwave be cleaned?
Ideally, a microwave should be checked after every use for any splatters or spills and clean them immediately. So, every time you prepare any food in the microwave it would be good to check and clean the microwave.
How to clean your microwave?
- Put some dishwashing liquid in a bowl of warm water and soak a sponge in the bowl.
- Remove the turntable and scrub it in the sink with the sponge until clean. Rinse it off and let it dry.
- Try to remove all the crumbs from the inside of the microwave with a damp paper towel or rag. Also use the sponge to scrub the inside surfaces, starting with the top.
- Using a circular motion, coat the top, sides, bottom and door with suds, being careful not to get them in the vents.
- Wipe down all the surfaces with a damp paper towel to remove the soap, being careful not to get water in the vents.
- At the end wipe everything with a dry paper towel or rag to avoid streaking. Replace the turntable.
Following these simple cleaning steps will keep your microwave looking and smelling fresh.